Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Before the new year...

Guess how I got to start my morning today??

Before The New Year...


Yep! Having coffee at the Grand Canyon!!

No, we're not on vacation again. See, every year since 2008, I have hosted a New Year's Eve Eve party on December 30th. We've had masquerades and ice palaces and barn dances and all kinds of fun themes. I usually start planning the theme and working on it in November. But this year... well, time just got away from me. We had a lot of things going on in both RL and SL and then suddenly I realized it was December 29th and no party. I was really kind of bummed out about it because throwing the NYEE party is one of my favorite things to do of the year.

Luckily, I have a pretty cool sister. Last night she said that there was actually no one at the Grand Canyon this week, so if I wanted, I was free to throw a party there. Well how could I say no??? I adore the Grand Canyon and having a dance there sounds perfect!

So that's what we're doing tonight. :) 8pm SLT is party time. If you want to come, just IM me or one of the family around that time and we'll TP you over. We're dressing party cute, and it's not cold there so you don't need to wear a coat. It IS a homestead sim, so only 20 people can be there at once, so it'll be a more low key event this year, but that is just fine with me. I'm going to be happy to just play music and laugh and dance with my family and friends.

This is probably going to be my last post in this blog of 2014 now that I think about it. Tomorrow is the 7 year anniversary of my starting this thing. God, how time does fly. I could never have imagined that sitting down one night and just writing random junk would have led to a SLifetime of amazing. And it has been amazing, every moment of it, both good and bad. I have no doubts that 2015 won't be just as interesting and full of laughter and joy as 2014 was.

So, my dear readers, thank you for coming along on this ride with me as I enter the 7th year of my blog. Whether you've been reading my blog from the start or you just started today, thank you. I always say that I write for me, and a large part of that is true, but I also write to share with you guys. And I love when you all share your thoughts with me through IMs or notecards or comments. SL blogging has changed a great deal in the 7 years that I've been doing it. When I started, there were many more personal blogs with people sharing their lives. The fashion bloggers did kind of take over and there are a lot less bloggers who even bother to write a hello, but one thing I've learned is that there is room for all of us in the blogosphere.

Stay safe if you head out for New Year's Eve. I want to see you all back here with me in 2015!

1 comment:

Mayala Loon said...

Even tho I don't come to SL anymore, I still enjoy reading your blogposts (and it now and then makes me wanna revive my own blog)...
Have a good time at your party and a great 2014 with your family and friends ;-)