Sunday, January 25, 2015

80s Prom Night!

I really don't like when I go more than a week without updating in here. I've meant to, many times, but I was really off my game the past week. I've been kind of on the sick side, which has been totally annoying, and I've spent a lot of time just on the couch napping and watching tv. Lame. LOL

I went out tonight with my sis and bro-in-law to an 80s Prom out at Boystown. It was sooo fun!

80s Prom 1

80s Prom 2


Unfortunately, Aldwyn wasn't able to be my date to prom [weekends are hard for him to do things a lot of the time], but well...it's not like I was gonna get picked up at this particular prom. *laughs* Although when it came time to vote for prom queen, a really nice boy told me he voted for me. So that was pretty awesome. I didn't win, though.

Whateverrrr


But trust me, it was stiff competition!!

The entire place was pretty cool and they did an amazingggg job on the build, both inside and out. It's easy to just throw together a party build but when you take the time to really put in all the little details [like Ren's car from Footloose was out in the parking lot] and there was even an ice sculpture of a swan inside. It was perfect!

Prom Night


And then I was TOTALLY ready to kick my shoes off, hop in the truck, and head to the lake for the afterparty!! What? Only students at my high school did this after dances and stuff? Oh.

Let's Go To The Lake!


As much as we love our kids and being with them, it is nice to get away with just the adults on occasion. And luckily all of our kids are really understanding and usually take the time on our "adult nights" to catch up on their own things. But tomorrow night is family night and I'm happy about that because we have the best time when we're all together! :)

1 comment:

Abby said...

I think next time you guys need to take a chaperone.