Thursday, January 1, 2015

Walking Into The New Year

Happy 2015! Since the Grand Canyon was empty tonight, I headed over after changing out of my party clothes and took a walk around the place. Just to think, mostly.

Walking Into The New Year


I don't really make resolutions any more. I do make some goals for the year, but they're loose goals. I don't like feeling bad if I don't accomplish something. And really, I set little goals for myself all year long, so just because it's the first day of the new year doesn't mean I need to set my whole year in stone. Does that make sense? Forgive me if it doesn't, it's after 4am here. :)

This coming year, I mostly want to try a little harder in things that I already do. For instance, my style blog. I think that I do some decent pics these days, and I like writing a little something about what I'm wearing, and I think that I do a pretty good job of crediting items. But I'm awfully sporadic with it. I just blog when I happen to feel like it and that means that I use very little of what I'm given. [At least, on the blog. I actually use more stuff in just my everyday SLife than I show on the blog.] So I want to try to get myself on more of a schedule for blogging. Or, at the very least, try for more than just once a week. I've been doing this for over 5 years, I feel like I would probably be more well known as a fashion blogger if I actually did it more often.

I also want to try a little harder in my friendships with people. I think that people take my silence for disinterest sometimes, and that's not really the case. I'm simply used to being the one who waits to be spoken to. This is not just something that occurs in SL, either. It's just that I'm used to being the listener and so I tend to wait until I'm needed. But this also means that I don't cultivate my friendships as I should. I get left out of a lot of things because I guess I seem like I'm not interested since I don't speak up. So that's definitely something I want to work on.

And then, of course, I am always striving to be a better SL mom and wife and sister and aunt. They tell me I'm fine, but I know I could be better. I want to be better for them.

Do you guys make resolutions or goals or have a "try harder" list for the new year?

I am super tired now and haven't slept since 2014 [lol! i couldn't help it.] so I think it's bedtime for me. :)

1 comment:

The Alt said...

first off happy new year! second to your comment about being a better sl mom i wouldn't worry yourself to much about that , if your family says your fine with who you are you wouldn't need to really improve anything so long as they love you an they know you love them back that in my opinion is the most perfect thing to being a mom in sl an that they know your there for them no matter what!