Sunday, February 8, 2015

Easy Like Sunday Morning

My sister was nice enough to come help me with our parcel the other night. For the past...well, forever, our home has always looked like it just kinda showed up in the middle of a lot of trees because I am not great at putting a whole area together. I can do bits and pieces, but not a whole thing. This is why I've always let my renters do what they want on their parcels rather than have some some carefully constructed residential area. They can do what they like and I can enjoy their art.

But after the whole house moving craziness, we had LOTS of room left and Lolita came and put down a road similar to what she has on their sim. It's kind of amazing what having something defined does for a place! The road is bigger than what I would have done which I think makes it better. I'm not really good at proportions. Years ago when I was hanging out with someone, he told me that when you do landscaping like this, you should always go bigger than you think you should. He gave me a couple of huge trees to prove his point and he was right. But of course, being me, I end up working in smaller bits and I think that I should have remembered his advice. *laughs*

The new road goes around in a rectangular shape, so we have a grassy area in the middle. I decided it would be a good place for a small park, so I plopped a fountain down in the middle. For some reason, I've acquired a few fountains in my SLife! I have no real idea why because I think I've only used a fountain once. But I like this one quite a bit. And with the addition of our little cafe caravan and a table set, it's becoming the perfect place to have my morning coffee and some quiet.

Easy Like Sunday Morning


Of course, my sis has an awesome coffee shop on their sim, so I'm still going to be running over to have my lattes and cappucinos!

I am still working on the park and on putting more trees around so that it looks a little bit more natural and not like a tree farm of the same trees. I also need to get our backyard done up. We had a great deck last year and I KNOW I took it all up in one big piece so I could just put it out again, but we'll have to see if that actually happened or not!

I guess since my coffee cup is empty, I should go do something productive so I can come back and start hunting for my perfect Valentine's dress. There is a Valentine's formal this coming Saturday night and I need an awesome formal gown!

No comments: