Sunday, February 15, 2015

I'm surrounded by your embrace

It's late and my pixel feet are tired from all of the dancing tonight, but I had to do a special Valentine post for my special Valentine. [Of course, I don't think he actually reads my blog!] I was actually going to have this dedicated to him at the party tonight with the song but that didn't happen, so I get to write it here. :)

My love,

It's been almost 6 years since we first met and almost 5 since you decided that I was worth spending more time with. We've never had a fight, you've never used harsh words against me, and you've been more patient with me than anyone ever has been. I've never had to worry about anything with you and that is a gift that sometimes I feel like I don't deserve. You know my secrets and my past and you have never judged me. You have been my rock for almost 5 years, the one constant that I know I can count on. You call me your angel every day, but truthfully you have been mine. Happy Valentine's Day, I love you!


Remember those walls I built?
Well, baby they're tumbling down
And they didn't even put up a fight
They didn't even make a sound
I found a way to let you in
But, I never really had a doubt
Standing in the light of your halo
I got my angel now

It's like I've been awakened
Every rule I had you breakin'
It's the risk that I'm taking
I ain't never gonna shut you out!

Everywhere I'm looking now
I'm surrounded by your embrace
Baby, I can see your halo
You know you're my saving grace
You're everything I need and more
It's written all over your face
Baby, I can feel your halo
Pray it won't fade away


I'm surrounded by your embrace.


1 comment:

Aldwyn Zanzibar said...

Wait....you have a blog?

You have made my life so much better just by you being you. I thank my stars every day for you my angel.

Happy Valentines Day!