Friday, February 6, 2015

You Can't Make Old Friends

I had a lot of things I could have been doing tonight while my family was off doing other things. But I mostly just sat around, looking at profiles of people on my friends list. There are people that I will never ever delete because I'll never be able to get them back on my list.

It's funny, but when things are quiet and I'm alone in SL, my thoughts always drift back to Cen. I still miss her. It's been 6 years now since she left SL and I still miss her. I miss the easy friendship we had. We were always in IM with each other when we were online, no matter what we were doing. I think we probably saw each other if not daily, then every other day. It was easy and fun and I miss it. I wonder what she would think of all the changes in SL over the past 6 years. When she left, mesh was still 2 years away from making its appearance on the grid. Gacha was something silly you stumbled upon in small Japanese stores. Stores happily gave gifts to not just their free group members, but to everyone by just placing a box at the front door. Our whole group of friends were still strong and together. Things have changed a lot.

You Can't Make Old Friends


But, that's the way of the world. Things change, people leave. I don't even know that we'd still be friends if she had stayed. I know my priorities in SL definitely changed over time and I'm sure hers would have as well. It happens. But if she ever came back to SL, I'd hope she'd look me up.

It's late and I think I've reached Grey's Anatomy saturation point [I've been marathon watching for days], so I think it's bedtime.

1 comment:

Terri Zhangsun said...

I remember Cen and your blog from the very early days! I remember the viper pit and Sai and Aisiru. That all seems so long ago! I was going through my inventory and I still have the pool you made and a folder with viper pit party items. Some of those early day items I won't delete...just like my Last Call clothing. LOL!